The MTRP application forms for the year 2015 are being distributed among the schools in the state. Click here for online application form. Interested candidates must submit the application form duly filled up along with Rs.100 (cash or draft) in an envelope into the MTRP dropbox at Dean's Office, ISI Kolkata.
Dunlop bridge branch,
ISI Extension Center, Code-0210631.
For any further queries, contact
Samriddha Lahiry - 9163905214
Souvik Seal - 9051725726.
MTRP 2015 will be held on 18th Jan 2015.
MTRP 2015 Syllabus
Download Model Questions from MTRP 2015 team
MTRP 2014 results:
MTRP 2014 solutions
Download Model Questions from MTRP 2014 team
Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata organizes the Mathematics Talent Reward Programme (MTRP) in January every year, with the vision of increasing the interest and creating awareness about the subject among school students. One of the major aims of this programme is to identify and reward talent at a young age. This programme also offers the students an opportunity to assess themselves respective to their contemporaries throughout the state, and brings an opportunity for them to interact with contemporary mathematicians and scientists.
The Mathematics Talent Reward Programme (MTRP) is the perfect platform for all students who are passionate for Mathematics. The pivotal purpose of this programme is to take mathematics beyond standard textbooks by inspiring innovative and non-routine mathematical thinking among students and improving their conceptual understanding. In the past, MTRP has attracted the best minds from all over West Bengal, who have faced the best mathematical challenges and emerged with flying colours.
The programme consists of a written examination and a camp that is held in ISI Kolkata. The examination is held in two categories, one for class IX and the other for class XI. Students from each category are selected for the MTRP camp based on their performance in the written test. The camp consists of interactive sessions with mathematicians, ISI faculties and scholars from other universities, along with a few exercises. Based on the performance in the camp, the top few students from each category are rewarded.
A written Examination if held in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, separately for classes IX and XI. The corresponding papers consist of two sections. Section I has multiple choice questions (MCQ) and Section II has subjective problems. The applicants are given two and a half hours to solve the paper. Based on their composite scores in the MCQ and subjective sections, students securing marks above a certain cut-off qualify for the MTRP Camp. The list of candidates selected in the written examination shall be uploaded in this webpage only.
The selected candidates are required to attend a two day Camp which is held in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. This camp features lectures from mathematicians, ISI faculties, renowned scholars from other universities, and other experts from various fields of Mathematics and Statistics. These lectures are based on interesting topics related to mathematics, thereby providing enthusiasts with lots of food for thought. Throughout the camp, quizzes are held periodically to judge the skills and problem-solving potential of the students. Based on their performance in the camp, the top three students (three from class IX and three from class XI) are be rewarded.
Past Speakers in the camp
- Prof. Pradipta Bandapadhyay (Dean of Studies, Indian Statistical Institute).
- Prof. Bimal Kumar Roy (Director, Indian Statistical Instutute).
- Prof. Arijit Bishnu (Advanced Computing and Microelectronics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute).
- Prof. Alok Goswami (Stat-Math Unit, Indian Statistical Institute).
- Prof. Arnab Chakraborty (Applied Statistics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute).
- The qualifying examination will be held on 18th January, 2015 at ISI, Kolkata. It will be held in two categories, one for class IX and another for class XI.
- The timings are: 10a.m.-12.30p.m. for XI and 2p.m.- 4.30p.m. for IX.
- The registration fee is Rs. 100/- for both the classes, payable at the time of submission of the form.
- The forms, along with the entry fee will be collected from the Principal/ Headmaster/ Headmistress of the school.
- The admit cards and sample questions for each participant will be provided to the school after receiving the filled up forms.Students must bring their admit cards during the time of the exam. No student without admit card will be allowed for the examination
- Students scoring above a cut-off mark in the written test for each category will be selected for the orientation camp to be held on 30th of January to 1st of February, 2015 in the institute.
- The camp will be conducted by a group consisting of ISI faculties, scholars from other universities and past INMO awardees.
- Based on the performance in the camp, the top few students from each category will be rewarded with one-time cash scholarships while all the other participants will receive medals, certificates and other prizes.
MTRP Problem Primer
The students appearing in MTRP 2015 will get the unique opportunity to avail a limited edition MTRP Problem Primer published by Integration, Indian Statistical Institute against a fixed donation. The non-routine content of the book will help the talented students in learning mathematics through problem solving.
For any queries about the book, contact:
Mr. Samriddha Lahiri +919163905214
Mr. Souvik Seal +919051725726
MTRP 2013 at a glance
South Point High School won the Best School Award for class IX
DAV Model School, Durgapur won the Best School Award for class XI
MTRP 2013 Gallery
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samriddha Lahiry
- Souvik Seal