Current Address : Theoretical Statistics
Indian Statistical Institute,
203, B.T. Road,
Calcutta 700 108,
Fax : (+91)-(33)-25776035 or
Phone : (+91)-(33)-25753414 or
- Bachelor of Statistics(Hons.) from Indian Statistical
Institute, Calcutta in 1983.
- Master of Statistics from Indian Statistical
Institute, Calcutta in 1985.
- Ph.D. in Statistics from University of California,
Berkeley in 1988.
- Assistant Professor at Statistics Department,
University of Wisconsin, Madison from August 1988 through
- Lecturer at the Division of Theoretical Statistics and
Mathematics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta from
December 1990 through May 1993.
- Associate Professor at the same Division from June
1993 through May 1997.
- Professor at the same Division from June 1997 to date.
Academic Honours and Awards:
- B. M. Birla Science Award in Mathematics awarded by B.
M. Birla Science Centre, Hyderabad for the year 2001
- Fellow of Indian Academy of
Sciences, Bangalore since 2003
Award in Statistics in honour of C.R.Rao
awarded by the
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation,
Government of India in 2005
- Fellow of Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS) - U.S.A.
Swarup Bhatnagar Award of CSIR in Mathematical Sciences
presented by the Prime Minister of India in 2005
- Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad
- Fellow of Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
- Invited Speaker at the Section on Probability and Statistics at the
International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM) 2010
Editorial Services for Statistics Journals:
- Editor of
International Statistical Review since 2011 and STAT since 2012.
- Associate Editor of
Advances in Statistical Analysis since 2007 and Statistical Methodology since 2012.
- Former Editor of Sankhya (2006-2007) and former Associate Editor of Journal of the Americal Statistical Association (Theory & Methods) (2005-2011),
Statistica Sinica (2005-2011) and Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin.