Council of the Indian Statistical Institute
COUNCIL OF THE INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE
The ISI Council is the highest policy-making body of the Institute as per the Memorandum of Association. The Council also makes the final decision about the formal award of degrees and diplomas and the membership of the Institute. The members of the Council are as listed below.
President : Shri Bibek Debroy, Chairman, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister and Member (EAC-PM), And Member NITI Aayog, Government of India, NITI Aayog, Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110 001.
Chairman : Prof. Goverdhan Mehta, FNA, FRS, (Chairman, ISI Council), Dr. Kallam Anji Reddy Chair, School of Chemistry, University of Hyderabad, Central University (P.O.), Gachibowli, Hyderabad - 500 046.
Representatives of the Government of India: ( Central Ministry / Dept. of Statistics -2, Central Ministry of Finance - 1, Central Ministry / Dept. of Science & Technology - 1, Reserve Bank of India – 1, Central Ministry of Human Resource Development - 1) : 
Shri Jyotirmoy Poddar, DG (ES), 412 Sardar Patel Bhawan, Parliament street, New Delhi - 110 001.
Shri Ali R. Rizvi, Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor, Government of India, Ministry of Statistics & P.I.,
103, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi - 110 001.
3. Shri Pramod Kumar Das, Additional Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,Room No. 142-A, North Block, New Delhi – 110 001
4. Dr. Praveer Asthana, Head (AI), Government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology, Room No. 10, S & T Block No.1,Department of Science and Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi - 110 016
5. Dr. Rajiv Ranjan, Adviser and Officer-in-Charge, Department of Economic and Policy Research,
Reserve Bank of India, Central Office Building, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001
6. Shri Madan Mohan, Deputy Director General (HE), Room No. 431-C, Department of Higher
Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, 515-C, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi- 110 001
Scientists not employed in the Institute : 
Representative of the Indian Council of Social Science Research : (Economist or Sociologist to be determined by the Council from time to time: (1)
1. Prof. V.K. Malhotra, Member-Secretary, Indian Council of Social Science Research, (Ministry of Human Resource Development),
JNU Institutional Area, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi – 110 067.
Representatives of Indian National Science Academy: (Mathematician - 1, Statistician- University Professor or Representative of an academic research organisation - 1, Specialists in Natural, Biological and Information Sciences (the particular fields required will be determined by the Council from time to time - 2) : (4)
Dr. Manindra Agrawal, Room 225, Dept of CSE, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur – 208 016.
Prof. B.L.S. Prakasa Rao Ph. D, FNA, FASc, FNASc., FAPAS, Former Director Indian Statistical Institute, INSA Senior Scientist, CR Rao Advance Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, University of Hyderabad Campus, Prof. CR Rao Road, Gachibowli, Hyderabad – 500 046.
- Dr. Madhu Dikshit,THSTI National Chair,THSTI NCR Biotech Science Cluster,3rd Milestone,Faridabad-Gurgaon Expressway, Faridabad,Haryana- 121 001.
Prof. Yadati Narahari, Department of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012.
Representative of the NITI Aayog (erstwhile Planning Commission): (1)
Representative of the University Grants Commission: (1)
1.Prof. Umesh Singh, Department of Statistics, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi–221 005.
Scientists co-opted by the Council at a subsequent meeting : (2)
1.Prof. Rohini M. Godbole, FNA, Centre for High Energy Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru – 560 012.
2.Dr. Ravi P. Singh, Secretary General of Quality Council of India, An independent organization
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Government of India
Elected representatives of the Institute members not employed in the Institute : (one of these members should be elected from members not ordinarily resident in West Bengal)
1. Dr. Shibdas Bandyopadhyay, HB - 7/1, Salt Lake, Sector – III, Kolkata – 700 106.
2. Dr. Aditya Bagchi, Flat - 2D, Block - 1, West Wind, 78, Raja S.C. Mullick Road, Kolkata - 700 084.
3. Dr. I.K. Ravichandra Rao, I.S.I., Bangalore Centre, 8th Mile, Mysore Road,R.V. College
Elected representatives of the employees of the Institute : 
1. Dr. Partha Pratim Mohanta (Representative of the Scientific Workers), E.C.S.U.,Indian Statistical
Institute, 203, B.T. Road, Kolkata - 700 108.
2. Shri Gouri Sankar Acharya (Representative of the Non-scientific Workers), Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B.T. Road, Kolkata - 700 108.
Officers of the Institute: (Ex - Officio) : 
1. Professor Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, Director, Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B.T. Road, Kolkata - 700 108.
2. Professor B.V. Rajarama Bhat, Prof.-in-Charge, Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics DivisionStat. Math. Unit, I.S.I., Bangalore Centre, 8th Mile, Mysore Road, R.V. College Post, Bangalore – 560 059.
3. Professor Sumitra Purkayastha, Prof.-in-Charge, Applied Statistics Division, A.S.U., Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata – 700 108.
4. Professor E. Somanathan, Prof.-in-Charge, Social Sciences Division, Indian Statistical Institute, 7, S.J.S. Sansanwal Marg, New Delhi – 110 016.
5. Professor Parthasarathi Ghosh, Prof.-in-Charge, Physics & Earth Sciences Division, G.S.U., Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata – 700 108.
6. Professor Susmita Mukhopadhyay, Prof.-in-Charge, Biological Sciences Division, B.A.U., Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata – 700 108.
7. Prof. Bhabatosh Chanda, Prof.-in-Charge, Computer and Communication Sciences Division, E.C.S.U., Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata – 700 108.
8. Dr. Ashis Kr. Chakraborty, Head, SQC & OR Division, Indian Statistical Institute, SQC & OR Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata – 700 108.
9. Professor Abhay G. Bhatt, Head, Delhi Centre, Indian Statistical Institute, 7 SJS Sansanwal Marg, New Delhi - 110 016.
10. Professor T.S.S.R.K. Rao, Head, Bangalore Centre, Indian Statistical Institute, 8th Mile, Mysore Road, R.V. College Post, Bangalore - 560 059.
11. Dr. D. Sampangi Raman, Acting Head, Chennai Centre, Indian Statistical Institute, SETS Campus, MGR Knowledge City, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
12. Prof. Goutam Mukherjee, Dean of Studies, Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B.T. Road, Kolkata - 700 108.
Non-MemberSecretary : 
1. Brigadier Jagdish Narayan Pandey, Chief Executive (Administration & Finance), Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B.T. Road, Kolkata 700 108.
Sendyour suggestions regarding this page to email@example.com