Agricultural and Ecological Research Unit
Indian Statistical Institute
203, Barrackpore Trunk Road
Kolkata 700 108. INDIA
Phone No.: +91 33 2575-3226 (office)
Fax:+91 +33-2577-3049 (O)
- Rice based cropping system at eastern plateau region.
- Natural resource management using GIS and RS tools.
- System of Rice Intensification research at farmers plot.
- Farmers' behavior towards the accepting/rejecting a new technology.
Membership of Professional bodies or Societies:
- Life member (Councillor) , Indian Society of Agriculture; Indian Society of Agronomy
- Member, Editorial Board (Associate Editor)
- World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, International Digital Organization for Scientific Information.
- American-Eurasian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, American-Eurasian network for scientific information.
- Research Journal of Agricultural and Biological Sciences.
- Crop-soil-weather relationship affecting sustainability in rainfed situation.
- Rice area characterization using GIS and image Processing software.
- Natural resource inventorying and technology intervention in the eastern plateau and coastal area of West Bengal.
- Sustainability criteria of rice based cropping system in eastern states of India.
- Farm household Survey (Purulia District) for Study of Agricultural Development and Poverty in Remote Rural Villages in Eastern India.
- Development of information on agricultural and horticultural Production and their marketing Using RS and GIS in some district Of West Bengal.
- Prabhat Pramanik:
Chemical and biochemical characterization of Vermicomposts with reference to transplanted rice in eastern plateau of India Submitted to Visva Bharati
- Ravi Chandra Sharma:
Studies on productivity of baby corn (zea mays l.) under different agronomical practices in eastern plateau region. Synopsis has been approved by the Calcutta University
- Aditi Sarkar:
Development of agricultural production and their marketing using remote sensing and GIS in two districts of West Bengal; Jadavpur University.
- In progress: Four
- Supriya Majumder:
Chemistry of arsenic dynamics in paddy soils and its bioavailability of rice under different rice ecosystem. Jadavpur University
- Debabrata Das:
Microbial approach for decomposition and enrichment of soild and liquid vermicompost and its impact on crop growth and yield; Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Isolation, biochemical characterization and identification of bacteria from SRI soils. Jadavpur University
- Soumay Sarkar:
Chemical, biochemical and microbial aspects of enriched vermicomposts prepared from leather industry soil waste. Jadavpur University
- Surama Neogi:
Impact of biochar and organic amendment on soil carbon sequestration in rice fields Jadavpur University
- Banik, P. 1996. Evaluation of wheat (Triticum aestivum) + legume intercropping under 1:1 and 2:1 row-replacement series system. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, (Blackwell-Synergy). 175: 189-194.
- Banik, P. and Bagchi, D.K. 1996. A proposed index for assessment of row-replacement series intercropping system. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, (Blackwell-Synergy). 177: 161-164.
- Banik, P., Sasmal, T., Ghosal, P.K. and Bagchi, D.K. 2000. Evaluation of mustard (Brassica compestris Var. Toria) and legume in 1:1 and 2:1 row replacement series system. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, (Blackwell-Synergy). 185, 9-14.
- Midya, A., Bhattacharjee, K., Ghose, S. S. and Banik P. 2005. Deferred seeding of blackgram (Phaseolus mungo L.) in rice (Oryza sativa L.) field on yield advantages and smothering of weeds. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, (Blackwell-Synergy). 191: 195-201.
- Banik, Pabitra, Midya, A., Fajardo, Sharon and Kam, Suan Pheng. 2006. Natural resource inventory of Luppi village, eastern plateau of India: implications for sustainable agricultural development. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, UK. 28 (2): 85-100.
- Banik, P., Midya, A. Sarkar, B.K. and Ghosh, S.S. 2006. Wheat and chickpea intercropping system in an additive series experiment: Advantages and weed smothering. European Journal of Agronomy, (Elsevier) 24(4): 325-332.
- Pramanik, P., Ghose, G.K., Ghosal, P.K. and Banik, P. 2007 : Changes in organic-C, N, P and K and enzyme activities in vermicompost of biodegradable organic wastes under liming and microbial inoculants, Bioresource Technology (Elsevier). 98: 2485-2494.
- Fuwa, Nobuhiko, Edmonds, Christopher and Banik, Pabitra 2007 : Are small-scale rice farmers in eastern India really inefficient? Examining the effects of microtopography on technical efficiency estimates, Agricultural Economics (Blackwell-Synergy) 36(3): 335-346.
- Pramanik, P., Ghose, G.K. and Banik, P. 2009 Effect of microbial inoculation during vermicomposting of different organic substrates on microbial status and quantification and documentation of acid phosphatase, Waste Management (Elsevier) 29(2): 574-578. (IF 1.338)
- Pramanik, P., Bhattacharya, S., Bhattacharyya, P. and Banik, P. 2009 Phosphorous solubilization from rock phosphate in presence of vermicomposts in Aqualfs. Geoderma (Elsevier), 152(1-2): 16-22 (In press; IF 1.898)