Dr. Sabyasachi Bhattacharya
Agriculture and Ecological Research Unit
Indian Statistical Institute
203, Barrackpore Trunk Road
Kolkata 700 108. INDIA
Phone No.: +91 33 2575-3123(office)
Fax:+91 +33-2577-3049 (O)
- Ph.D (2005); Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India.
Thesis Title: "Growth Curve Modelling and Optimality Search Incorporating Chronobiological and Directional Issues for an Indian Major Carp, Cirrhinusmrigala ".
- M.Sc. in Statistics(1998),University of Calcutta, India
Thesis Advisor : Dr. TathagataBandyopadhyay
Area : Medical Statistics
Specialization : Multivariate Analysis, Operation Research, Optimization Techniques.
- B.Sc. in Statistics (1995), University of Calcutta, India
- Ecological Statistics
- Growth Curve Model
- Stochastic Stability
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Spatio Temporal / Time Series Modelling
- Operation research, Optimization techniques
- Disease Mapping, Medical, Health and Environmental Statistics
Honours & Awards:
- Received GM R&D Innovation Award (Charles L. McCuen Special Achievement Award) for "Data Mining of Emerging Issues from Warranty Claims" from Global R&D Research wing of General Motors, Detroit, Michigan, USA (2009).
- Got "Younginvestigator Award" from International Biometric Society for presenting the contributed paper in the “2nd Conference of the Eastern Mediterranean Region" (EMR2003) at Antalya, Turkey.
- Received National Scholarship from the State Government in Secondary Examination (1990).
- Six (6) Research Scholars
- Nikhilesh Sil: Jointly with Dr. Priti Kumar Roy, Dept. of Mathematics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata:
Area of Interest/Probable Thesis title:"The effects of alternative food, food value and other related parameters in eco-epidemiological models- Deterministic and Stochastic approach."
- Bratati Chakraborty: Jointly with Prof. AyanendranathBasu, BIRU, ISI, Kolkataand Prof. A. K.Chattopadhyay, Dept. of Statistics, Calcutta University:
Area of Interest: "On growth curve analysis and related statistical problems incorporating biological and ecological issues".
- Bapi Saha.Jointly with Prof. JoydevChattopadhyay, AERU, ISI, Kolkata.
Area of Interest/Probable Thesis title: "On extended growth model, functional response, and related mathematical issues: Illustration through experimental, history and simulated data.”
- Amiya Ranjan Bhowmick:
Area of Interest/Probable Thesis title: "Allee Effects in Ecology and Conservation: Model based study and data exploration."
- Soumalya Mukhopadhyay:
Area of Interest/Probable Thesis title: "On exact and approximate distributions of stochastic growth curves and growth rates with applications."
- Sourav Rana:
Area of Interest/Probable Thesis title: "On feeding strategies of predators: A simple Mathematical Model derived from Field data."
- S. Samanta, S. Chakraborty,S. Bhattacharya, J. Chattopadhyay. (2011) Fish kairomones, its benefits and detriments: A model based study both from releaser and acceptor perspective. Ecological Complexity, 8 (3). pp. 258-264.
- Bhattacharya, S.,Chatterjee, S., Chattopadhyay, J. and Basu, A. N. "On stochastic differential equations and equilibrium distribution: A conditional moment approach" (Journal of Ecological and Environmental Statistics, In press,2011).
- Bhattacharya, S., Gupta, A. and Chattopadhyay, A. "Population Dynamics in demography". (Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics,38: 1-24, 2010).
- Pramanik, P., Bhattacharya, S., and Banik, P. "Phosphorous solubilization from rock phosphate in presence of vermicomposts in Aqualfs". (GEODERMA, 38: 1-24, 2009).
- Bhattacharya, S.,Basu, A. N. and Bandyopadhyay, S. "Goodness-of-Fit Testing for Exponential Polynomial Growth Curves". (Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 38: 1-24, 2009).
- Roy, S., Bhattacharya, S., Das, P. and Chattopadhyay, J. “Interaction among non-toxic phytoplankton, toxic phytoplankton and zooplankton: inferences from field observations". (Journal of Biological Physics, 33, 1, 1-17, 2007).
- Banik, P., Pramanik, P., Sarkar, R. R., Bhattacharya, S. and Chattyopadhyay, J. "A mathematical model on the effect of M. denticulate weed on different winter crops". (BioSystems, 90, 3, 818-829, 2007).
- Sabyasachi Bhattacharya,Soumen De. "Methodology to identify emerging issues based on fused severity and sensitivity of temporal trends". (Gm Global Technology Operations, US 20110015967, January 2011).
- Mark N Howell, Mutasim A Salman, Xidong Tang, Yilu Zhang, Xiaodong Zhang, Yuen-Kwok Chin, Soumen de, DebprakashPatnaik, Sabyasachi Bhattacharya,PulakBandyopadhyay, Balarama V Murty, Ansaf I Alrabady, Rami I Debouk, Steven W Holland, George Paul Montgomery Jr:. "Aggregated information fusion for enhanced diagnostics, prognostics and maintenance practices of vehicles". (Gm Global Technology Operations, US 20100228423, September 2010).
- Mutasim A Salman, PulakBandyopadhyay, SugatoChakrabarty, Rahul Chougule, Sabyasachi Bhattacharya,Soumen De, DebprakashPatnaik, Andrea M Simon, Steven W Holland, Yuen-Kwok Chin, Xiaodong Zhang, Yilu Zhang. (Gm Global Technology Operations, US 20100191414, July 2010).