Dr. Barun Mukhopadhyay
Biological Anthropology Unit
Indian Statistical Institute
203, Barrackpore Trunk Road
Kolkata 700 108. INDIA
Residence: 7/1/1A, Nafar Kundu Road,Kolkata 700 026
Phone No.: +91 33 2575-3227(O)/ +91 9836330468 (M)
Fax: +91 +33-2577-3049(O)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
- Biomedical anthropology
- Cardiovascular epidemiology
- Biocultural dimensions of aging
- Bioethics and People and plants relationships
Membership of Professional bodies or Societies:
- Life member, Indian Statistical Institute.
- Indian Science Congress Association
- Indian National Confederation and Academy of Anthropologists
- Indian Anthropological Society
- Forum for Ethics Review Committee in Indias
- Member, Forum for Medical Ethics Society
- Sarkar, S. and Mukhopadhyay, B. 2008. Perceived psychosocial stress and cardiovascular risk: Observations among the Bhutias of Sikkim, India. Stress and Health 24: 23-34 (John Wiley & Sons, USA).
- Mishra, S. K., Sarkar, S., Mukhopadhyay, S. and Mukhopadhyay, B. 2010. Hypertension and its correlates in two communities of dissimilar genetic ancestry in Sikkim, India. Annals of Human Biology 37: 23-43 (Informa Health Care, UK).
- Mukhopadhyay, B. 2006. Detecting and preventing hypertension in remote areas. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics 4: 124-125 [Forum for Medical Ethics Society, Mumbai].
- Sarkar, S., Das, M., Mukhopadhyay, B., Chakrabarty, C. S. and Majumder, P.P. 2006. High prevalence of metabolic syndrome and its correlates in two tribal populations of India & the impact of urbanization. Indian Journal of Medical Research 123: 679-686 (Indian Council of medical research, New Delhi).
- Maity, M. and Mukhopadhyay, B. 2010. Physical growth and nutritional status of children and adolescents among the fishing community inhabiting the coastal area of West Bengal and Orissa. Journal of the Indian Anthropological Society, 45: 193-203(Indian Anthropological Society, Kolkata).
- Pal. B., Chattopadhyay, M., Maity, M., Mukhopadhyay, B. and Gupta, R. 2011. Income and nutritional status of the fishing community residing in coastal Bay of Bengal: A case study. Anthropologischer Anzeiger (Journal of Biological and Clinical Anthropology) 68: 195-208 (E. Schweizerbart’sche Verlagsbuchhandlung, Stuttgart, Germany).
- Sarkar, S., Das, M., Mukhopadhyay, B., Chakrabarty, C. S. and Majumder, P.P. 2005. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in two tribal populations of the Sub-Himalayan region of India: Ethnic and rural-urban differences. American journal of Human Biology 17: 814-817 (Wiey-Liss, Inc., USA).
- Mukhopadhyay, B. and Mukhopadhyay, S. 2001. Blood pressure and its biocultural correlates among the Lepchas of Sikkim, India: A microlevel epidemiological study. Collegium Antropologicum 25: 97-110 (Croatian Anthropological Society, Zagreb).
- Mukhopadhyay, S., Ray, S., Ghosh, S., Mukhopadhyay, B. and Bhatia, J. C. 2002. Obstetric morbidity and socio-demographic factors in rural West Bengal, India. The European Journal of Contraception and Reproductive Health Care 7: 41-52 (Informa healthcare, UK).
- Sengupta, S., Farheen, S., Mukherjee, N., Dey, B., Mukhopadhyay, B., Sil, S. K., Prabhakaran, N., Ramesh, A., Edwin, D., M. V. Usharani, Mitra, M., Mahadik, C. T., Singh, S., Sehgal, S. C. and Majumder, P.P. 2004. Annals of Human Genetics 68: 574-587 (University College, London).