- Graduate Courses:
For successful completion of the Ph.D. Course work, all the Ph.D. students of this Unit have to opt for 5 courses.
Syllabus for the Ph.D. course work can be downloaded HERE
- Compulsory courses:
A. Computer Applications and Statistical Methods
B. Research Methodology
C. In addition, they have to do one review work on any of the research areas of PAMU, as a part of Course (B).
- Elective courses (any three from the list):
- Course I: Mathematical Methods and Classical Mechanics
- Course II: Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Course III: Electrodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Course IV : Fluid Mechanics
- Course V: Advanced Numerical Techniques
- Course VI: Quantum Field Theory
- Course VII: Particle Physics
- Course VIII : General Relativity and Cosmology
- Course IX : Condensed Matter Physics
- Course X : Nonlinear Dynamics
- Course XI : Quantum Information Theory
- Master Courses:
The Unit offers a one semester Elective Course on 'Topics in Mathematical Physics' as a part of M.Stat. courses.
Syllabus of 'Topics in Mathematical Physics' for the M.Stat course can be downloaded HERE
- Undergraduate Courses:
The Unit offers a 3-semester Elective Course on Theoretical Physics as a part of B.Stat. courses.
Syllabus of Physics for the BStat course can be downloaded HERE
- Course I: Physics-I
(i) Classical Mechanics
(ii) Electromagnetic Theory I
- Course II: Physics-II
(i) Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
(ii) Electromagnetic Theory II
- Course III: Physics-III
Special Theory of Relativity