Fellow of TWAS, Fellow of the IEEE, for contributions to neuro-fuzzy and hybrid approaches in pattern recognition, Fellow of the INSA, Fellow of the IAPR, Fellow of the AAIA, and Fellow of the INAE and NASI India.
Recipient of prestigious J. C. Bose National Fellowship in 2021.
Member, Inter-Academy Panel for Women in STEMM.
Research interests include data science, machine learning, bioinformatics, soft computing and medical imaging.
Telephone: (+91) (33) 2575 3102
Fax: (+91) (33) 2578 3357
* `` How I Became What I Am" in Lilavati's Daughters: The Women Scientists of India, R. Godbole and R. Ramaswamy (Eds.), Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, pp. 196-197, 2008. (ISBN 978-81-8465-005-1)
* A Bangla clip from ``Sananda", August 15, 2000
My parents, the late Dr. Maya Mitra (nee Kundoo) and the late Dr. Girindra Nath Mitra, had the rare privilege of publishing research articles in ``Nature". They inspired me to achieve; whatever I am today, I owe it to their immense love and sacrifice for me.
My citations by Google Scholar .
* A television interview `` clip from University of San Pablo, Arequipa, Peru ", June 2019.
* p. 21 of `` A Braided River: The Universe of Indian Women in Science", C. Coley and C. Gressel, UNESCO New Delhi, 2022. (ISBN 978-81-89218-82-9)
* p. 21-24 of ``Real Leaders, Real Stories", S. Sukhu and C. Shankar, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, 2022.
* Interview clip at International Council of national Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences " (CAETS 2022) Conference, Versailles, France, September 2022.
* An interview `` clip from the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR)", featuring Diversity in the Pattern Recognition Community, March 2023.