Technology Innovation Hub (TIH)
Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Data Curation
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI),
Department of Science and Technology (DST),
Govt. of India
- ICDAR Workshop on Machine Learning (WML 2021, 3rd edition)
- Jointly organized by TIH @ ISI and the CVPR Unit, ISI
- Venue: Switzerland
- Important Dates:
- Paper Submission : May 26, 2021
- Acceptance Notification: June 26, 2021
- Camera Ready Version: July 05, 2021
- WML 2021 Workshop: September 07, 2021
- For more detail about the workshop please visit: https://www.isical.ac.in/~cvpr/ICDARWML21/
- School-cum-Workshop on Data Analysis in Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics
- Organized by TIH, ISI Kolkata
- Event dates: August 23 - Sept 04, 2021
- Mode: online (link will be provided later on)
- Coordinator: Supratik Pal, ISI Kolkata
- Major topics to be covered: Data analysis techniques using different real-life and simulated data in Cosmology and Astropartilcle Physics will be introduced, focusing mostly on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Cosmic Microwave Background Observations
- Large Scale Structure Observations
- 21 cm Cosmology
- Physics of Dark Energy
- Tentative resource persons: Tirthankar Roy Choudhury (NCRA-TIFR), Tuhin Ghosh (NISER), Dhiraj Kumar Hazra (IMSc), Suman Majumdar (IIT Indore), Surhud More (IUCAA), Anjan Ananda Sen (Ahmedabad University)
- Eligibility criteria:
- PhD students actively working on Cosmology or Astroparticle Physics and/or data analysis in other branches
- Young faculty members and Postdoctoral fellows workings/ aspiring to work on these fields
- Final year Masters students who have some exposure to these fields
- Basic knowledge of Cosmology
- Basic computational skills (Python/FORTRAN/C)
- One desktop/laptop to take part in hands-on sessions
- Course Fee:
- Rs. 2000/- + GST for Young faculty members and Postdoctoral fellows
- Rs. 1000/- + GST for full-time research scholars/ advanced Masters students (with verified student status)
- How to Apply: Please fill up the accompanying Google doc form
There will be a shortlisting if the number of applicants is too high.
Once the application is approved, the participants will be provided instructions on how to pay the registration fee. Confirmation of participation will be sent only after that.
- Last date of application: August 06, 2021
- Last date for payment of registration fee: August 12, 2021
- Confirmation of participation: August 16, 2021
- Certificate: A certificate of participation will be provided to all the candidates who will attend the entire program.
- For further queries, please write to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webinar by Prof. William Blackwell of MIT Lincoln Laboratory, USA
- Title of the talk: "Overview of the NASA TROPICS CubeSat Constellation Mission"
- Date: August 11, 2021 Wednesday during 7pm-8.30pm IST (9.30am -11am EDT).
- Registration link: https://forms.gle/8ddmPGnTUKyYm2EN8
- Total number of participants: 92
- Workshop on Data Analytics
- Organized by: The Technology Innovation Hub on Data Science, Big Data Analytics and Data Curation at the INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE, Kolkata
- Event dates: July 26 – August 06, 2021 (The program is fully online)
- Coordinator: Professor Ayanendranath Basu (email@example.com)
- Maximum Number of Participants: 50
- Course Content: The workshop will primarily provide an overview of statistical methods that play very significant roles in Data Analytics. These will include topics such as Regression Analysis, Time Series Analysis, Machine Learning Methods (Supervised/Unsupervised), Model Selection, Bayesian Methods, Categorical Data Analysis, etc. Implementation of these techniques using R will also be discussed. The focus will be on interpretation and application rather than on theoretical
- Eligibility: Participants should be post-graduate degree holders who are working in the areas of data science, business analytics and machine learning, or plan to apply such techniques in their research or professional work. Participants should have at least a basic working knowledge of statistical methods, and should have a familiarity with the mathematical tools required at the level of undergraduate statistics courses. The lectures will be accompanied by hands-on training in R, which will be introduced during the course. Familiarity with the use of computers is absolutely essential, and familiarity with statistical software will be helpful.
- Course Fee: Rs. 3000 + GST per person. (Rs. 1500 + GST for full time students/research scholars with verified student status).
- How to Apply: Please fill up the accompanying google docs form. Once your application is approved, you will be provided instructions on how to pay the course fee. Applications from eligible candidates will be accepted until the capacity (50 participants) is filled up. [You may please fill in the Google form here: Form Link]
- Certificate: A certificate of participation will be provided to all participating candidates.
- For further queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Please provide your feedback: Here
- Two-Day Workshop on Data Science and Curation: Spatial Data Science
- Organized by TIH @ ISI and IEEE GRSS Bangalore Chapter
- Total number of participants: 141
- Event Dates and Timings: 24 – 25 June, 2021, 08:00 hrs. to 19:00 hrs. (Indian Standard Time)
- Location: All talks will be delivered online and the schedule will be given in due time.
- Registration link: https://forms.gle/XyQ8p4rDVm7rNk5R7 [Last date for course registration: June 21, 2021]
- For more details please check the following file:
- Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence Summer School 2021 (DLAI5)
- 6 - 10 May 2021
- Total number of participants: 120
Details can be found in the following link: https://deeplearningandaiwinterschool.github.io/
- A hands‐on Deep Learning for Data Analytics was organized with 110 participants on
April 15, 2021.