Every summer, R.C.Bose Center for Cryptology and Security of Indian Statistical Institute offers a dedicated research internship program in Cryptology and Security to senior undergraduate and fresh post-graduate students from premier institutions of the country. The internship is supported by Microsoft Research India. Applications for the internship program are sought from eligible students of Computer Science, Electronics, Information Technology, Mathematics and Statistics background.
Information regarding the program
- This year, the program will be held for eight weeks, May 14, 2018 to July 6, 2018.
- Selected candidates will be notified by mid-April.
- Selected outstation candidates will be offered to and fro AC-III train fare, and all selected candidates would be provided with a stipend to cover the costs for on-campus accommodation and boarding.
- Limited on-campus accommodation will be provided to selected candidates.
For applying you will need a google account. Also as
part of the application process you will be required to solve
four problems listed here.
Once you are done with solving the problems, submit the answers along with some personal details in this form. You can only submit the form once. The form should be submitted within April 1, 2018 midnight. The selected candidates would be individually notified within mid April.
Eligibility Criteria for Summer 2018
To apply for the Internship 2018, one MUST have been either of the following, as on 15 March 2018.
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd year student of a 4-year Under-Graduate program (final year students not eligible)
- 1st or 2nd year student of a 3-year Under-Graduate program (final year students not eligible)
- 1st year student of a 2-year Post-Graduate program (final year students not eligible)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student of a 5-year Integrated program (final year students not eligible)
Eligible fields of study : Computer Science (CS/CSE etc.), Electronics and allied disciplines (ECE/EE/ETCE/EIE etc.), Information Technology (IT), Mathematics (Math) and Statistics (Stat).
Note that 1st year students (of eligible disciplines/programs) will be considered for the Internship only in exceptional cases, while 2nd and higher year students will all be considered equivalently.
All queries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ``Summer Internship 2018''.