Professional awards/honors received:
1. JSPS Invitational Fellowship for Research in Osaka University, Japan, 2016-17.
2. The Indo-US Research Fellowship for the year 2011 in the field of Engineering Science for conducting research in the University of Maryland, College Park, MD.
3. Young Engineer Award in 2006 from the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) for his contribution in Pattern Recognition and its application to digital image analysis and language engineering. This award is considered as one of most coveted recognitions for Indian scientists/engineers of age less than 35 years.
4. Nominated for IAPR/ICDAR Young Investigator Award twice in 2007 and 2009.
5. Invited to deliver conference tutorial at the 9th Int. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), Brazil, 2007.
6. Awarded "Google Guest" by Google Inc. to attend and present his research at ACM SIGIR 2008 and ICDAR 2009.
7.Postdoctoral fellowships from:
(i) EGIDE (CNRS) fellowship for a postdoctoral position at Laboratory PSI, FRE-CNRS 2645, University of Rouen, Francefor a period of nine months starting from March 2004.
(ii) Fellowship from University of Central Florida (UCF), USA to join in a position of Research Associate of Computer Science at the UCF in 2004however, this offer could not be availed as it was received just after the offer from France was accepte.
8. Nominated for Young Scientist in the 90th session of the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Bangalore, 2003 and received the Certificate of Merit.
9. National Merit Certificates for results in Higher Secondary (10+2 standard) Examination (1990) and Madhyamik (10th Standard) Examination (1988).