Teaching & Ph.D: Usually applications are called for in
February/March of every year. This will be notified in major English
dailies. Basic eligibility is M.A./M.Sc. in Psychology/Applied Psychology
with interests in measurement sciences specially statistics and
Research Areas : Educational
Psychology,School Psychology, Entrepreneurial Psychology, Psychometrics,
Organizational Psychology, Personality , Aptitude Testing, Cognitive
Psychology, Environmental Psychology
fellows (Ms. Manjishtha Maitra
and Ms. Rachana Chattopadhyay)
received 'Young Scientist Award' by the Indian Science
Congress Association in 2001, 2002 for presentation of research papers.
Ms. Susmita Mukhopadhyay received Dr. Deva Senapathy young scientist Award in 2003 by Indian Academy of Applied Psychology for research paper titled "A study on terminal values as moderators of the relationship between perceived organizational values and job satisfaction of rural bank employees". She also received another award "Search of Excellence Award' in 2004 by Pondicherry Psychology Association for research paper titled "A probe on Indian Psychophilosophy as an alternative paradigm in understanding human nature, behaviour and applied fields"
Sharma, Sr. Research fellow has been adjudged 'IBA AWARD WINNER' (IBA: Indian Business Academy)for her paper titled " Team Efficiency effect of individual and group level varibles on IT teams' at Consortium of Students in Management Research held at department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore from 21st-23rd September, 2006.
One faculty Dr. D.Dutta Roy received 'Best Poster Presentation Award' by the Indian Science Congress Association in
2003 and 2004. In 1988, he got Young scientist Award by the Indian science Congress association, held in Pune.
For the outstanding papers published in JPR and IJAP,he received
Professor T.E. Shanmugam Award for excellence
in research for 1999 and 2000. He got 'Psychometric Educational Services Award' by the Pondicherry Psychology Association 2004 in January, 2008.
Tests Developed :
- Examiners' Manual for Non-language Test of
Intelligence,Manasayan,New Delhi. by Prof. S. Chatterji, Prof.M.Mukerjee
- Development of Managerial skill by Dr. Anjali Ghosh
- Entrepreneur task motivation by Dr. Anjali Ghosh
- Adaptation of Prolonged deprivation Scale by Dr. Rumki Gupta
- Development of Computer aided Computer programming Aptitude test
battery by Dr. D. Dutta Roy
- Computer aided Short-term memory test by Dr. D. Dutta Roy
- Reading and Writing Motivation Questionnaire by Dr. D. Dutta Roy
- Attitude towards school infrastructure by Dr. D. Dutta Roy
- Questionnaire measuring Self-efficacy of agricultural farmers by Dr. D. Dutta Roy
- Verbal reasoning test battery by Dr. D. Dutta Roy
Ongoing Projects :
External: Impact Assessment of Workers Education in collaboration with Central Board of workers education .
Internal: Dr. Anjali Ghosh - Cognitive processing through PASS model and it's role in determining academic performance of school students of North Eastern India
Dr. D. Dutta Roy -Differential validity of Computer programming abilities.
Dr. Rumki Gupta - Personality profile, Stress and Job satisfaction of Indian sea farers
Dr. D. Dutta Roy,Associate Professor Web site, Contact Dr.Garga Chatterjee, Assistant ProfessorWebsiteContact
- Dr. (Mrs.) Himani
Bhattacharya,(Scientific Assistant B)
- Anurupa Kundu
- Sravanti Adhikari
- Sumona Datta
- Murshida Khatoon
Obtained Ph.D. Degrees
- Dr. Manjishtha Maitra ,(Area: Short-term memory)
Chattopadhyay (Area:Entrepreneur motivation),
- Dr.Susmita Mukhopadhyay (Area: Organizational health).
- Dr. Monika Sharma (Area:Team building)
- Ms.Rita Karmakar,(Area: Moral development)
- Ms. Fouzia Alsabah Shaikh (Area: Self Concept )
- Ms.Shivani Santosh (Area:Cognitive efficacy of Schizophrenia)
Project Linked Person:
- Mr. Biplab De Sarkar, Sr. Asst.
- Mr. Swarup Ghara, Office Asst. A
- Mrs. Indranee Karmakar, Helper